First try, nice try
So the Christmas days and New Years Eve are over, I hope you all had great and loving days! I wish I could say that I tried to eat healthy during these celebration days, but I failled, you coudnt say I relapsed cause I didnt even try.. which is probably even more sad. But in my little moment of sadness I realised that I actually don’t know where to start with ‘getting this healthy stuff’. So I started to thinking..
What is my most unhealthy behaviour?
Easy, I have a sugar addiction. A serious sugar addiction. I’m addicted to energy drinks. Its all Im craving for when I get up in the morning till I go to bed at night. Other then the fact that energy drinks arnt good for your health, they are expencive as an addiction. I drink up to 4 drinks a day, thats 124 in a month. (wow!). I pay 62 euro a month for my addiction. Thats a lot!! A better alternitive is water. Simple water, water is cheap its free here in the Netherlands and its also good for your health. It helps you to lose weight and detox your body from bad products like sugar. They say that an adequate water intake for a man is about 3 liters (about 13 cups) a day. For a woman the average is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) a day. The sad thing is that I’ve tried to drink water a couple of times but it’s just not working for me, I don’t like it.
So after some research online I found the following tips and tricks for if your, like me, bad in drinking water. I’m sure gonna try all these tips, and let you know how it went!
- Try not to allow yourself soda untill you’ve had about 2 to 4 glasses of water.
- Keep a big, water bottle full on your desk every day, so it’s easy to reach for.
I’m actually working on this one already, cause I just ordened a really cute water bottle! Try to have a fun watter bottle, it makes drinking water a little more fun!
- Make a chart, and tick it off eveytime you drink a glass.
- Try to make water taste better.
I personally don’t like the taste of water, thats one of the main reasons why I dont like to drink it. So when I came across this website (I link to it down below) where they explain how you can make your water taste better, it was if the doors of heaven opend up. And it really doesnt have to be expensive at all! Here are some examples:
- And my personal favorite: Lemon + stevia + water = lemonade
- After each trip to the restroom, guzzle an eight-ounce glass to replenish your system.
- Set a goal for yourself; how many glasses of water do I need to drink today? And with that write along your motivation. It helps you stay motivated every day!!
- Challenge a friend to see who can drink the most water glasses a day
- Put reminders into your phone!
- If you’re trying to lose some weight: Let ounces of water double grams of fat: when eating something containing 10 grams of fat, drink 20 ounces of water
So those are the tips. Sometimes you just have to trick yourself into drinking water untill it becomes a habit. In my case this is soo true! So I’m gonna follow all of these tips and tricks and I’m gonna let you guys know what works and what not!
Another little thing, I found this challenge online. It’s an detox challenge. It’s from beautytips4her.com and it really got me excited to try it. So here’s how it goes:
Right when you wake up, before you eat anything, drink a big glass of warm water with a squeeze of lemon. (1/2 lemon on 2-4 cups of warm water).
They say it helps you get a better skin. It said: your skin will be clearer, you’ll notice that eye circles begin to disappear and skin will starts to glow as well. Also you’ll get more energy and you’ll find it easier to control your weight too. Sounds good right? Well I’ll give it a try and will report what my conclusions are!
Funny sidenote: I wanted to try these detoxing drink this morning, and with a sleepy head I walk into the kichen to prepare it, and I accidently put lime into it instead of lemon, it was soo bitter I didn’t liked it at all. So guys, don’t try it with lemon okay!